About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Getting Psyched Up

Feeling a bit under the weather today.  It's 93 degrees and sticky.  It's like breathing in the hot air from the clothes dryer.  I'm very tired and wish I could melt into the couch.

Still taking the meds as prescribed.  Might call my psych on Friday if this doesn't decrease.  It would be nice to have a fully functional day.  I can fake it for a little while but......

Just finished a great book by Donald Miller, "A Million Miles In A Thousand Years."  He talked about story, our story and how we can rewrite our future.  The way we live our lives is based on the kind of story we want it to tell.  Don't like your story so far?  Change it.

That might be oversimplified.  It's what I walked away with in short.  It's moved me to get going with my own book.

The next book I'll be reading is by John Eldredge, "Walking With God."  It says it's a series of stories of what it looks like to walk with God, over the course of about a year.  I sense a theme here.  My therapist and a dear friend are being lead by God to have me read these.  Okay, I get it!!

I'm so glad God cares about me enough to send messages and instructions through His people.  I have another friend helping with the outline of my book.  She's fine tuning the numbering system and making notes for me.

Lord, you have blessed me with many even though I am a woman of few.  Thank you for these lovely, You centered ladies who add so much joy to my little healing world.  Please bless them however You see fit.