About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Monday, March 30, 2015

Beth Moore: "A Beautiful Mind"

I want to start today with one of my favorite Bible teachers.  Many of you are acquainted with Beth Moore who has written several books and teaches at her own conferences and others around the world.  Beth is a straight shooter who relies heavily on Jesus for everything.  You'll never hear her beat her own drum.  Listen to what she has to say then I'll add a few comments.




I've known about Satan's torment of my mind since early on in my walk with Christ.  I felt the battle for my mind several times.  When I'm in deep conflict of walking in the light of my faith rather than giving in to the darkness of the lies, remembering God's word of truth cleanses my thoughts and re-centers them to where they need to be.  I feel a type of redemption, like being water baptized, where I am laid back into the water then lifted out clean and made whole.

Talking about my thoughts are challenging,
This is very true.
Finding safe people is possible.  I have to do it.
My negative thoughts are not the boss.
No matter how hard it is to talk, the alternative is much worse.

The alternative is that God's book of His story in my life won't get written and
That would break my heart.