About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Feeling A Little Depressed

I'm feeling empty and a little depressed.  I want to disappear, hide and not be able to be found.  Not sure where this is coming from.  I'm willing to take a guess.

My mom joined me in my therapy session last week.  I wanted her to so she could meet my therapist and get an update about the self-injury.  I'm very glad she came.  I might be having some delayed feelings.

It was one of the best sessions I've had.  My mom always provides insight into stuff I can't remember  For example, what was the sexual abuse trauma that happened to me between the ages of 4-6?  Now I know.

My therapist shared what we were working on.  It was interesting to hear her talk about me and likewise to hear my mom talk about me.  There was a tender moment with my mom where she cried a little bit.  I'm so proud to have her for my mom.

It felt like a dump truck had been emptied.  I was a little shell shocked when we were done.  I guess I haven't sat with it until now.

Anyway, it was good overall.  I'm going to rest today.  Way too hot and laying down hugging my pillow decreases the stress and increases comfort.