About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Late Night of Encouragement


When I'm up this late at night and look to the right on my Facebook page, I see the names of the ones I love.  Do you know what I mean?  Those people in the chat column whom you talk to most often.

To them, I posted this:

"Most of you are sleeping right now.  Some for 5 hours and some for 2.  I whisper silent prayers into God's ear, asking Him to watch over you, to give you a good night's rest and to lift the burdens you are carrying so that your load is a little lighter to carry. To wipe the tears from your eyes and, as the Bible says, collect them in a bottle."

"I whisper silent prayers into God's ear, asking Him to bless you and keep you safe.  To rejoice with those who are glad and in a good place, for you have been blessed with ease.  Celebrations of family and God's provision and how none of it is deserved, for those are a gift from God that cannot be paid back."

"But you already know this for God planted these truths in your heart as you were being formed in your mother's womb.  On this day, when you awake to what lies ahead of you, ask God to help you join Him in His plan for you today.  And then...wait expectantly."

"Good or bad, stay connected to Him."

That's my prayer for all believers and all those seeking to know who God is and why He wants to have a personal relationship with you.

You can pray, "God, please help me to remember to join You today in all I say and do."

Or you can pray, "God, I'm still learning about you.  I want to join You but I'm new at this.  Please show me how."

May God bless your efforts as all of us draw closer to Him.