About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Getting Intensive Help

I self-injured today.
Cutting on my arm.
I was only self-injuring in my mouth but then.....

Another "no."
No, we can't help you.
No, we don't believe you.
No, we don't believe your integrity.
No, we don't believe your character is good.
No, we don't want you here.
No, we don't see your mental illness.
No, your bipolar depression isn't the reason we made you resign.
No, your car can't be fixed in our ministry.
No, we're not going to tell you the truth.
No, we communicate through e-mail, not in person.
No, we denouce you over the phone, not in person.
No, you are not worth our time or energy.
No, we don't want to talk to you before we make our decision.
No, you aren't worth listening to.
No, we aren't really your friends.
No, I don't see your mental illness so it doesn't exist.
No, you can function like others so you must be lying.
No, you have to figure out how to fix your car by yourself.
No, I don't have to tell you how we reached our decision.
No, you can't volunteer anymore.
No, you can't come to our events anymore.
No, you can't help with anything anymore.
No, stop talking so I can talk and talk and talk and talk but not "say" anything

Oh, you can still use the library!
Oh, we'd love to see you on Sunday!
Oh, I'm not giving to help your needs but keep your chin up!!
Oh, yes, I do have money to give you but.....it's all mine, not God's.

Really?

That's been just in the last week.
I can't cope so I'm getting help.
Not to tackle the above but to tackle the within.
My defenders lost their footing.
It's time for training camp.