About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Memories Messed Up

Seek me O, God, for I cannot find,
The healing you bid me from
The horrors in my mind.

Reflections and pictures and snapshots I see,
Of my small framed body
Staring back at me.

Is she four no six no eight,
But does it really matter?
I can't think straight.

Deliverance?  Trust?  Are you kidding me?
I was all alone
In great physical and mental agony.

You were not there when all hell broke loose.
You did not protect me from the abuse.
Instead you stood idly by
While sexual and physical abuse made me cry.

No comfort from you,
No protection from harm,
Just lots of bruises on my little arms.

You did not care even though you could see
Exactly what was happening to me.
I don't care for your cape, I'm not impressed,
For you saw me, too, like they did, undressed.

So go away from me, I'm not your child.
If you really cared you'd have driven me away for miles.
But that you did not do, no you ignored my requests
And instead gave me a life of strife and unrest.

I have no need for you so now I will go.
I don't care about Jesus and His glorious throne.
You turned your back on me you didn't do what you should.
Instead you did exactly what I thought you would.

Abandon my innocence, steal the trust,
Make the abusers smile with each thrust.
Tolerate their sin and then set them free.

But what about my hurts???
What about me???
I long to be cleansed, I long to be set free.

Right now it's not mine to have,
For the pictures in my head are very very bad.
I can get past it, alone I always do,
So go help someone else,
I don't need you.