About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Saturday, May 04, 2013

Afraid For Mom

Dear God, 

For yesterday and today I've been trying to give myself a break from all that is troubling my mind.  I just found out my mom is having a biopsy in nine days.  The ultrasound showed something and now the doctor's want to take a closer look.  My sisters and I are praying it's not cancer.  However, if it is, there's a good chance for complete recovery.

My mom lives six hours north in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.  She is pretty far from my sisters and I.  We'd like her to move closer but that's something she can't do right now.  It worries me to think as she approaches her 70th birthday that more medical things are going to start happening.  We want her close to us.

We're coming up with a plan for what we need to do to make sure she feels supported and is being well taken care of.  It's nice to be in a family that has been living in recovery for over 30 years.  We're all on the same page.  No one person is being dumped on.  

Our family has come a long way.  My mom was the leader who took charge so her daughters had a better chance of surviving.  My mom is my hero.  

She always will be.

Love your daughter,
Amy Kathleen