About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Thursday, September 05, 2013

A Prayer Format & Why Pray?

Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication (A.C.T.S.)

Dear God,

I adore you for the provision of everything I have and everything I need.
I adore you for the sacrifice of your Son, Jesus, as payment for my sin.
I adore you for friends, family, and professionals, all of whom are precious.
I adore you for my kitties, the ones I spoil, because they are surprise gifts.

Father, I confess the procrastination of house cleaning.
Father, I confess the sin of "more" when I have plenty.
Father, I confess the feeling of intense anger toward mean people.
Father, I confess the lack of effort for my health.

Abba, I thank you for do-overs and second chances.
Abba, I thank you for men and women who follow You.
Abba, I thank you for the changing seasons.
Abba, I thank you for singers and worship leaders.

Jesus, I offer up supplication on behalf of Ranne, Marie, all of my family and all of my friends.
Holy Spirit, I offer up supplication in the matter of our book - grant me courage.
Jesus, I offer up supplication for my finances now that my car is paid off.
Holy Spirit, I offer up supplication for my church as we study prayer for the next six weeks.

Lord, as is always my deepest desire, please break me, mold me, use me and fill me into the image of Christ.  Remove the mire that separates me from You.  Build into me strength of character for troubling times.  Lift me up when I have fallen.  And Lord, by all means, do with and through me everything You know that will bring lost and lonely people into a loving relationship with You.