About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Wishes

I wish my life was a little bit easier.

Not for the sake of being spared discomfort or having an easy life.
Not for the sake of being able to brag about only having joy.
Not for the sake of never knowing a painful experience.

I wish my life was a bit easier so that I can get more good things done in the name of God and in the name of Jesus. 

I wish I had more energy so that I could serve as a volunteer in an organization I could get behind.

I wish I had monetary resources so that I could give to ministries who are helping the poorest of the poor.

I wish I had a brain that fired on all cylinders all the time so that I could contribute new ideas to companies who are finding ways to break barriers in some of the most remote regions in the world.

I wish I had a body that was completely pain free so that I could lift and carry and build homes with Habitat for Humanity.

I wish I had a healed psychological mind so that I could spread the good news about the ways Jesus heals our emotions so we can be set free to bring hope and healing to those around us.

I wish I had a house for myself and my kitties so that they could have a bigger area to play and I could have a bigger area to relax.

I wish my life was a little bit easier.