About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Thursday, March 06, 2014

Tired Then Tired Some More

I've read in grieving books, self help books and other books that being overly tired is a symptom of something going on.  It can be physical - like the flu or infection.  It can be mental - like depression or new medication.  It can be emotional - like the ending of a relationship or the start of a new job.  It can be spiritual - like spiritual warfare or intercessory prayer.

Those are just some reasons someone can be more tired than usual.  My reason right now is all four of them.  I've been through this before but still, it's draining and still a little surprising.

Physically I'm tired because some of my medications are being changed.  I've noticed how tired I become when the sun goes down.  It's not a little tired - it's the kind of tired where I literally have to push myself to stay awake until 8:00 p.m.

Mentally I'm tired because of the writing I'm doing about the multiple deaths that took place six years ago.  Deaths I never grieved.  It takes a lot of thought to connect them to feelings.  It also takes a lot of brain work to concentrate and write out how I think I'm feeling.

Emotionally I'm tired because all this work is very draining.  I know it's good work to do and I know I will benefit once I'm done.  I feel overwhelmed most of the time and emotionally exhausted the other time.  I've been disconnected from my emotions for so long trying to identify them is sometimes very time consuming.

Spiritually I'm tired because I feel as though I'm in constant spiritual warfare.  I know Satan does not want me to heal from all of this because he wants to keep me bound up in the wounds of the past.  Every step forward I make is one step he goes after to try and erase.  I'm trying my best to stick close to God so that I won't lose my footing and fall.  God's the only one who can help me.  He's promised never to leave me and never to forsake me.

I've accepted this phase in my development knowing it won't last forever.  It might last for awhile and that's okay.  As long as I'm walking with my Lord and Savior I'll be okay.

Tired?  Yes.

Then Tired Some More?  Most Definitely.

Ready to Give Up?  No Way!!