About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Monday, April 21, 2014

God Cares

When times are troubled and you feel so low
When times are troubled you got nothing to show
When times are troubled and you get real slow
God Cares

When times are hard you got a pain in your side
When times are hard and you just told a lie
When times are hard and you want to die
God Cares


God cares for the hurtin' you been goin' through,
He cares for the trouble brewing inside of you.
He cares for the lyin' and the stealin' you do.
God cares
God cares

He'll pick all your troubles right off the ground
Brush 'em off clean He'll straighten them out
He'll make sure you're swimming not drowning away
Cuz God wants to your laugh every day.
Cuz God wants to your laugh every day.

(C)  Amy Endler, 2014