About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Sunday

The image of Jesus getting up and beginning the assent out of the tomb represents so much for overcomers.  It reminds me that I was once so lost in sin it's a miracle I was able to break free.  When I see Jesus walking up those steps as our resurrected savior, He will no longer be made fun of but instead, be feared out of reverence.  This man from Galilee is now a holy man.  A trustworthy man.  A man you want to call friend.

Here, on Easter Sunday, God gave us beautiful weather. Bright blue skies, robin's chirping, no rain in sight and a peaceful Sunday morning.  I haven't experienced a morning like this in a long time.  In a while I'll be heading to the host sister's home.  My other sister and her family will join us as well as my mom.  It will be a hearty bunch, that's for sure!

We might play games or sit out in the gazebo.  We might go for a walk or watch a movie.  No telling what this group I call "my family" will want to do.  And how am I feeling?  Okay.  I have to give away the chocolate Pam gave me.  It's well-meaning but too much.

I love my family.  I love them very much.
How much they know and love Jesus.
And how one day, all of us will be reconciled to Aaron.

Thank you, Lord, for reconciling me to yourself through your life, death and resurrection on the cross.  For without you, this day would not have a personal meaning in my memories.

Love Amy