About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

For My Therapist

My brain is crashing.
It started yesterday, into my sleep time and all day today.
My mind is starting and stopping then pausing for minutes.
I canceled going to church, canceled time with Catherine and only sent one message for a possible book meeting on Tuesday evening.

My fear is someone is listening to me as I talk back to an episode of Law & Order.  I feel the paranoia rising up into my brain chemicals.  I'm not laying down on the couch.  I am busying myself by giving the cat tree a trim.  I'm taking all of my medications.

I started hearing voices again maybe a week ago.  I found out last night that Valerie Caudhill passed away.  I was sad because I didn't get to say good-bye.  I found out on Facebook when I was checking my friends' list and deciding whether or not to clean house.  That's when I noticed there was no picture next to her name.  I know you couldn't tell me.

Then I have a friend who stopped talking to me.  Just stopped.  No explanation, no nothing.  After thinking about it for awhile I might have figured it out.  I don't know.  I got this weird message from a number without a name.  Three words.  If that was her, what does that mean?  I mean I know what it means but it doesn't explain anything.  I dunno.  Another grief not understood.

So I'm keeping myself busy but it hasn't helped.  All I think about is this brain disease and how much I hate it.  I can't be around people right now, I don't want to talk to anyone, my eyes get fixed on objects, I'm not going to respond to messages and all I want to do is be with myself and the voices and everything will be okay.

(Inner Child:  I don't want to go to small group and I want to return the money recent people have given to me.  I'm not a charity case even if I can't function like everybody else all the time.  These voices are my friends.  Don't take them away.)

I'll call Dr. Didenko tomorrow for an appointment this week.