About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Friday, June 07, 2013

If I Was A Jedi



If I were a Jedi, I'd cruise through outer space,
Searching out abusers then punching them in the face.
I wouldn't ask any questions, there is no need to "share,"
They lie or give excuses, expecting me to care.
Apologies are empty, promises kept are few,
I have no love for abusers, even if they are people, too.

They think they are hiding, they creep outside your door,
You think maybe they've gone away, until a creak sounds from your floor.
The back light casts a shadow, the outline of their body is clear,
You feel yourself stiffen up, you know that they are near.
Eyes closed tight, you brace, for the unwanted touch,
A touch that leaves you wounded, a touch that bleeds too much.

There are those who suffer in silence, if only their bruises could speak,
They would tell of the many beatings you get, everyday, every week.
But talking is not allowed, every hit and shove a secret,
The abuser's anger is always the boss, so you stay tight lipped and keep it.
You stay awake through the night, though your body needs the rest,
Fear is now your only friend, every time you undress. 

Where's a child to take this, where's a child to go?
I take it to my God above because the Bible tells me so.
He is my heavenly Father, the only one who's safe,
He keeps me very close in hand, in His very special place.
He saw everything, and during it He cried.
That is why He sent Jesus, to be with me, by my side.

If I were a Jedi, I'd cruise through outer space,
Searching out abusers then punching them in the face.