About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Saturday, October 18, 2014

EBOLA: I'm Mad











EBOLA:  I'm Mad....Here's Why

Please don't think of me as insensitive but all of this Ebola news coverage is making me mad. 

I understand that the horrible, full blown manifestation of fluids excreted from the body are highly contagious. 

  • The U.S.A. is learning how containing the virus is a priority for the patient, hospital staff, public and CDC. 
  • The government hearings are trying to identify errors so that they can prevent future breakdowns in possible contaminated people traveling and spreading the virus to others.  
  • The hospital protocols are being changed to ensure the health and safety of all persons exposed. 

I guess I'm selfish. 

There are so many people dying in the same regions of Africa from curable and preventable diseases like malaria for which we have vaccinations (I worked for a ministry that helped them). They starve for lack of food and die due to hunger.  The water they drink has dead animals and feces in it.  Around them swarms of mosquitoes bite them with disease.  The people lack any clean water to drink or bathe in. 

What frustrates me is no one is responding with half the intensity for these adults and children as they are for the Ebola cases. I guess at some point, we become immune to human suffering around the globe.  It seems we drape a black cloth over it and blindly say, "We're doing the best we can."

Are we? Really? Or have we slipped into complacency, hoping the next generation will take care of it? 

Hunger. Disease. AIDS. Ebola

I think our time is right NOW!!!  To eradicate these known and in some cases preventable killers. 

The God of all creation has given us so much. I believe He will give us exactly what we need to get this mission underway so that His people can be saved and live a life on this earth that is free from suffering.