About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Friday, March 25, 2016

Good Friday

It's not about preparations for Easter Sunday or the coloring of eggs.
It's not about the lamb shaped butter or what to wear on your legs.  (sorry!)
It's not about the baskets of goodies for little children to enjoy.
It's not about the jelly beans, it's not about the toys.

It's about a man named Jesus whose life came to be,
On Christmas day He was born then died at thirty-three.
Here are the truths about my Savior,
A trustworthy one is He.

(This is from my Facebook page)

When Jesus lived, He taught us how to live.  
When Jesus prayed, He taught us how to pray.  
When Jesus rebuked, He taught us how to confront wrongs.  
When Jesus chose the disciples, He chose men who were flawed.  
When Jesus talked to women, He told them their worth.  
When Jesus was betrayed, He knew the consequences.  
When Jesus was taken away, His friends left him. 
When Jesus was tried for proclaiming He is the King of Jews, His fate was traded for a murderer to be set free.
When Jesus was scourged, His Mom cleaned up His blood.  
When the prison officials pushed a crown of thorns into His head, Jesus did not take it off.  
When Jesus struggled to carry His cross, a stranger was chosen to help him.  
When Jesus made his way up the hill, still carrying His cross, the stranger was now his friend.  
When Jesus was nailed to the cross, He cried out in pain.  
When the cross was dropped into the hole in the ground, Jesus cried out, again.  
Jesus pardoned one of the two thieves to show us that forgiveness is never too late.  
Before Jesus died, He asked His Father to forgive the soldiers.  
When Jesus said, "Into thy hands I commit My spirit," He was talking to His Father.  

When Jesus died, there was a great earthquake that shook the earth. Darkness fell over the land for 3 hours. When it was quiet, His body was lowered and removed from the cross then placed in a borrowed tomb. A large stone was rolled in front and a guard was placed in front of it so that the body could not be stolen by His followers for they could claim He has risen.  

This is Good Friday.