About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Feeling Deserving

I struggle with feeling deserving.  Feeling deserving of being thin and the happiness it would bring.  Feeling deserving of the new laptop a friend just bought for me so I can write my book using the latest software and operating system including a touch screen.  Feeling deserving of having a handful of friends who truly care about me and can handle the challenges of my mental illness.  Feeling deserving of a God who is always watching over me.

I'm in touch with what emotions "feeling deserving" is bringing up:  fear it will be taken away, fear I will sabotage it, depression that it's all happening at once, depression that I am so tired from the stress of it all and tender because I don't want to screw it up.

As a Christian, I'm not sure I'm supposed to feel deserving of anything.  I think about everything passing through God's hands.  Since it does I see it being given by Him.  That's what makes it deserving.  That's what makes it good.

I'm very stressed out.  I want to lock myself in a room where I can't be found.  I have a lot to learn with Windows 8.1 and Office 2013 and OneDrive.  It feels overwhelming because my brain isn't as tech savvy as it used to be.  Still, this is a gift from God so I must trust His judgment.

I can't wait to talk to Faith on Tuesday.
This in one of those rare times when I wish I could see her twice in one week.

I'll be chewing more gum to try and calm myself down and maybe go for a walk.

Lord, please hold me up when I feel like falling down.  Let my weary soul find rest in you as I move forward in this season of life which you have prepared and set before me.  Please help me to seek the help I need be it from friends, a better diet or exercise.  I want to be successful writing our book.  I want to hear you say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."
Love your daughter,
Amy Kathleen