About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Friday, December 05, 2014

Steven Hawking

A day like today needs no explanation.

Talking about it seems mundane and pointless.

It would only be repetitious and quite boring, even to me.

I did force myself out of the house to see Steven Hawking's movie.  I was first introduced to his genius in physics in the late 1990's.  Listening to him speak through a computer was fascinating.  What he had to say about the beginning of time, the origin of it, troubled me.

Steven did not at that time acknowledge the existence of God.  He was an outspoken atheist.  Outspoken in so far as disagreeing that any one being responsible for creating everything.  He was not an activist but rather a scientist who was spending his life trying to solve the final equation.

Time.

When did it start?

What started it?

His deductive reasoning skills captured and enthralled his audience so much so that they, too, began to ask those same questions.  Were they the result of a random cosmic explosion or........

Or what?

What was on the other side of "or?".

As I watched the movie I learned that Steven Hawking is still alive at age 72.  I began praying for him.  I prayed that he would find that God is on the other side of "or" and that He is the One who can fill in all of those questions.  It is God who created time, it is God who started time and in the end it will be God who ends time on this planet.

I pray that Steven Hawking learn about the relationship he can have with God through Jesus Christ.  That his sins will be forgiven and he can have a forever future in heaven free from pain and strife where we will know no end of time.

That's what I pray for him.  Maybe it's already happened.  Maybe it's going to happen.  Maybe it will never happen.  All I can do is ask God to put Christians in his life so that he can see how we live and the hope we have for a better tomorrow.

Because sometimes, that's all some of us need.

Hope.