About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blessings

Dear God,

Today has been filled with activity from morning until now, 12:26 a.m.  From taking care of Cao and Carl, then to my sisters to wash laundry, writing your book through the most difficult abuse recollection, back to Cao and Carl, mowing a dear friend's yard, resting my back (it's okay now - thank you), saying good-bye to my cute Cao then arriving home during some lightening and a little rain.  I came home with green feet because I mowed the lawn in my sandals.  I was also quite dirty so I jumped into the shower while my laptop uninstalled a program.  The concern I have is that I'm wide awake.

Lord, I'm getting excited about your book.  I sent the first 20 pages to the friends who want to read it and help me tell my story in detail.  I'm waiting to talk about Your presence.  It's going to be awhile but still, I can't wait!  You are the best gift I've ever received!!  Bragging about You is going to be so filling, for me and I hope for whoever reads the book.

I know it's too early for a title.  Still, my mind is searching for a simple one.  One to three words with a subtitle.  I dunno.

Lord, I need help with my mental health bill.  It's up to just over $900.  I'm waiting to see if Medicaid has processed my Alexian bill for October/November so my spenddown will be met.  If so, it should reduce the bill a little bit and cover most of Dr. Didenko's bill.  I hate not having a secondary insurance plan.  Please help me to budget my check so all expenses can be met, including the $100 ticket from Lakemoor.  That's such a pain in the butt.  However, I am stopping longer at red lights.  :)

Please bless and protect my friend Marie.  Give Kim some good days she can attribute to Your presence in her life.  Help Anne to find some quiet time.  Remind Jo of Your outrageous love for her and Your provision for her family.  Please protect my family and give everyone some rest.  Watch over Chelsea - I'm trying not to worry about her.  Comfort my friend Soni.  Her heart hurts and is very heavy.  Help me to do your will one day at a time.

Love your daughter,
Amy Kathleen