About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Saturday, June 01, 2013

Asking

Dear Father,

I seem to be struggling with some depression today.  Is it the book?  I wouldn't be surprised.  Friends have warned me and my therapist confirmed it.  I kept busy.  My right hip was hurting pretty bad.  Thank you for the handicapped placard.  I needed it today.

I've been seeing a lot of Stephanie lately.  I think I'm healing more from that relationship.  It was good until it turned mean then I had to walk away.  Seeing her now brings up memories of abandonment.  If that was the ONLY symptom I had I'd still be diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.  The fear I live with is really something.  One might say it's ginormous.

Bill is teaching this weekend.  I'm still debating whether or not to go to church or watch on the Internet.  I feel like I need to make some additions to the writing I've done so far.  Then I need to make two copies.  I want to keep writing.  Am I pushing myself too hard, too fast?  I need to listen for your guidance.

Tomorrow I'll spend time at the library.  It's a safe place to write and not be disturbed.  I need to work on my budget and pay some bills.  Please guide me so I don't freak out.

Love your daughter,
Amy Kathleen