About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'm Amazed

Dear God,

Today has been a good day, a normal day.

I'm a little concerned about lack of sleep.  I have been staying awake until 1-3 a.m. for the past few weeks.  Then I'm waking up between 7-8 a.m.  What is going on?  

I listened to Laurie's voicemail.  I was still scared but I did it anyway.  I had to remind myself that she couldn't hurt me because her voice was a recording.  It turned out to be the opposite of my fear.  She apologized and gave me kudos for saying what I said.  I wrote her another email and apologized for thinking the worst of her.  I had no evidence to back it up.  I'm breathing a sigh of relief.  I'm so glad she is more mature than I am.

My friend Kim (a friend since first grade) sent an email after she read your book.  Here's what she had to say: 

Oh Amy....so many emotions are stirred inside of me. I wish I would have known. So many of the children (and me) were dealing with our own hell. You have a knack for remembering things and sharing them from the heart. I am so lucky you trust me.
love you 

After reading Kim's response and Anne's response, I'm feeling a nudge from your Holy Spirit to pray for my readers.  I don't know what it's like to read a story like mine when you know the person deeply and have loved them through some tough stuff.

I feel undeserving of your love, of their love, of any love at all.

Here's a well loved song that always draws me closer to You.
Your amazed daughter,
Amy Kathleen