About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Thank You

Dear God,

Thank you for a day of rest.  Thank you for no back pain.  Thank you for friends where we share in each other's lives.  Thank you for my family I've grown to love more.  Thank you for our relationship no matter how close or how far I am from you.  Thank you for Carol's love and heartfelt counseling.  Thank you for Faith's bravery and gentleness as she speaks truth to me.  Thank you for the tears I've shed as I heal from my past.  Thank you for the tears I shed for those who have died.  Thank you for the tears I shed when I'm all locked up and emotions won't flow.  Thank you.

Thank you for my home.  Thank you for my car.  Thank you for my kitties.  Thank you for my clothes.  Thank you for my shower.  Thank you for my Bibles.  Thank you for my books.  Thank you for my DVDs.  Thank you for my pictures.  Thank you for my laptop.  Thank you for my fans.  Thank you for my basic needs being met.  Thank you.

Thank you for your creation.  Thank you for trees.  Thank you for rivers and lakes.  Thank you for blue skies.  Thank you for hiking paths.  Thank you for forest preserves.  Thank you for camping.  Thank you for fishing.  Thank you for deer.  Thank you for turtles that walk across the road.  Thank you for the sound of coyotes.  Thank you for the northern lights.  Thank you for colors.  Thank you for peaceful surroundings.  Thank you.

Thank you for solitude.
Thank you for reflection.
Thank you for quiet times.
Thank you for promptings.

Your grateful daughter,
Amy Kathleen