About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Little About Nothing

My body aches, I'm exhausted and staying awake is a challenge.  I don't think my body's adjusted to an increase in one of my medications.  The adjustment was one month ago.  This past week it was adjusted again.  I hope to be able to not be so sleepy.

Today is one of those days when I'm so thankful for the weather.  Very cool temps, a refreshing breeze, blue skies and some sunshine.  It perks up my spirit.  Thank you, Lord!

Not much to talk about today.  I'm going to rest and watch movies.  Probably, "Sister Act," "While You Were Sleeping," and "Sgt. Bilko."  Need to lighten up my mood.

Heck, I might even read!

Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.