About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Arrest Unhealthy Eating

Still haven't self-injured since August 2nd.  I got on the scale and gained 10 pounds.  I talked with Faith about it.  She gave me a packet of worksheets to track some of the eating and the reasons and the moods and stuff like that.  I used it today.  It kept me on track most of the day.

But then I thought, "What if I didn't have the worksheet?  What if Faith weren't here?  What would I do?"   I certainly cannot be dependent on people.  I cannot be dependent on a certain formula.  I need to take what I'm learning, absorb it thoroughly then integrate it into the rest of my recovery.

From addiction to addiction.  I don't want my life to be this way.

Here's the next book I'll be reading.  Recommended by my therapist.

CLICK HERE TO SEE "THE RULES OF HEALTHY EATING," BY KAREN KOENIG