About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Being Myself

"My gaze is fixed upon you, Lord, my eyes they squint to see,
The beauty of your holiness, of love and purity.
Though troubled times have come and gone,
Alone I will no longer be,
For you have placed within my heart,
A longing to be free."   Amy Endler

This is one of those days when capturing my thoughts is as elusive as trying to catch a chicken.

Being myself involves acceptance, knowledge, courage and perseverance.
  • Accepting my limitations and not living a life of shame or defeat
  • Knowledge that I have the tools to live a healthy life and apply them
  • Courage to face the battles that put my faith to the test
  • Perseverance to do the last 10% or initiate new healing
Sometimes, all I can do is look up and say, "Here I Am, Lord.  Your Servant Is Listening."
  • Stilling my mind so I can hear His still small voice
  • Submitting to His will without much fuss
  • Keeping His plan for me at the forefront of my mind
  • Staying humble in my calling to attract others to Him
Sometimes I sense His reply, "That's just where I want you, my daughter."
  • Seeking Him through prayer and meditation
  • Reading my Bible regularly so He can speak to me through His Word
  • Staying in prayer so I stay on track
  • Seeking godly counsel from trusted followers who know me

I want to discover who I am,
So that I can be who I am,
and enjoy who I am becoming. 

May Beth Moore's message tickle you.