About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fat Amy

When I weighed myself on Tuesday, I was disappointed to see a 3 pound weight gain.  That brings my weight loss of 25 lbs down to 15.  It may not seem like much but believe me, it is.

In the movie Pitch Perfect, one of the characters calls herself, "Fat Amy."  She does this to ward off name calling by the skinny girls.  That way they know she knows they are talking about her weight behind her back.  Brilliant!

My head is really messed up.  I'm having insomnia again.  I'm screaming in my head.  I'm sure it's a contributing factor.  On Thursday I'm going to start a modified weight watchers plan.  I want to go to an OA meeting or at least hit my AA meeting Saturday morning.

I was looking for a comic that was truthful.  Here's what I found:


I starting thinking about the word "fat."  I thought of Fearing A Lot of Things.  I think that's true.  It feels true.  Have to take a mental step back from therapy.  Assessment is way to much to process, remember details from a year or more ago and relinquish talking about what's going on in the here and now.  There must be a better way.

I started an online Bible study in the book of John. It has a listening option so I don't have to read it to myself.  Better for my head.  Bible reading plans can be found here:  Bible Reading Plans

Hopefully, God will help me get some sleep.