About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Why Do I Tweet?

I love Twitter.  I follow over one hundred Christian people or groups.  Why so many?  I find they each have different ways of talking about God.  Just like the 66 books of the Bible.

Most of them post several times a day or several times in a row.  Those I tend to skip because I have a limited mind that can't absorb that much of the same information at once.  So I hold the down arrow and skim through the pictures of the ministries until I find one I want to read.

Sometimes it's a verse.  Sometimes it's a thought.  Sometimes it's a funny story or a retweet from another twitter person.  Sometimes it's a picture with an encouraging saying or verse.

But the ones I like the most are the introvert messages.

The quiet ones, like Ann Vosskamp, that slip in almost unnoticed that carry a bucket full of emotion.  Those are the little treasures in twitter.

Or Beth Moore who tells on herself or her grandbabies or her husband or her LPM group.  She's a hoot with some of her stories.  Hers, too, are little treasures because you can hear her twang on twitter.

Kay Arthur, perhaps one of the first and greatest of all women teachers who paved the way for our ladies of today speaks deeply about our relationship with God and Jesus Christ.  Her treasure isn't buried - it's out for all to see.

Christian radio, athletes, authors, speakers, normal folk like me - all of us exercising our right to use social media as a podium to proclaim the good news of Jesus dying on the cross for our sin then being resurrected to give us eternal life in Heaven.

We can't be silent about that message.

We mustn't be silent.

That's why I follow so many.  Because in Twitter, when you follow many, some of their followers will follow you.  I don't know these people personally but more often than not, when I check their page, they do not proclaim to be believers.

I tweet because I love to write and share encouragement or challenges.
I tweet because I love to read and hear what others are doing to stay faithful.
I tweet to learn more scripture, to hide it in my heart.
I tweet to be a witness and draw unbelievers closer to God.

Do you tweet?  Why?