About This Blog

My blog shares my recovery journey from childhood abuse to living with mental illness. I've been involved in twelve step groups and therapy since 1982. I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988. To the best of my ability, I have followed where He wants me to go and what He wants me to do. Maybe you'll find the hope and strength you need through what I write. Maybe you want to stop hurting yourself. Maybe you have a friend who needs help and can benefit from my story. I was newly disabled when I asked God this question: "What do you want me to do with my life?" I closed my eyes and paused for a few moments to still my mind. This is what I sensed from Him: "Amy, I want you to write your story to bring hope and healing to those who are still suffering." And that's exactly what I am doing!

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Dear God...Thank you for...

Dear God,

Thank you for your provision for simple things I take for granted:
  1. Waking up in the morning, feeling good with energy and gladness.
  2. My kitties and medicine to cure their ailments.
  3. A nice car that runs well and I can afford the repairs.
  4. A friend who can keep me company while shopping so I'm not alone.
  5. Money left until I get my next disability check.
  6. Food I enjoy and drinks that are great for summer.
  7. Books for 89 cents that are favorites.
  8. Speakers for 3 dollars for my laptop.
  9. Air conditioners that have worked for three years.
  10. A mechanical mind to fix things when they aren't working right.
Thank you for the climate I live in:
  1. Northwest suburb of Chicago, IL
  2. Thunder and lightening, Hail and Downpours
  3. Green skies and tornado warnings
  4. Summer temperatures from the 80's into the low 100's
  5. Beaches open, picnics, theme parks, swimming pools, botanical gardens
  6. Indian Summer - fooled ya!
  7. Fall leaves changing colors then falling to the ground
  8. Cool air, stars in the sky, walks in the dark, campfires, smores
  9. Winter - bitterly cold but oh so beautiful.  Snow, Ice Skating, Blizzards, Christmas
  10. Spring - birds singing, nature budding, lakes thawing, Easter Celebration
Thank you for the season of life I find myself in.  It's a lot to be doing.  I am grateful my brain is able to do what you are putting before me to do.  I want to do my best for you, God.  Help me to stay focused on you and not fall back on how what I'm doing is going to reflect on me.

Your loving daughter,
Amy Kathleen